Trading since 1856
Coneys have been trading in Boston since 1856 when the shop was first located in Strait Bargate adjacent to what is now W H Smiths. It was then mostly tailoring and C.M.T. The company’s origin can be traced back to Alford in Lincolnshire. At one time there were as many as 11 tailor shops in the area.
In 1956 Coneys formed a Limited company and moved from the shop in Strait Bargate to its current location of 34-36 Wide Bargate. As the shops became vacant they were purchased and re-developed to make the shop the size it is today. In the late sixties Coneys added the Ladies department to the upper floor of the store which later moved downstairs and the menswear moved up. Then in 1986 the adjoining banana warehouse in Tawney Street became available and was purchased. The ground floor is now a privately run restaurant. The upper floor houses our new formal wear and suit department along with smart causal wear department.
In November 2009 Scott Crowson became our new Managing Director and has since created a new and younger look. The front of the store has had a face lift giving it a more corporate image and the ladies department now on the ground floor has been totally transformed with a refit in-keeping with the high standard of product in store. The mens floor has also seen shop fits by Replay, Tommy Hilfiger, Luke and more.
In May 2010 our thriving Lincoln city centre store was opened. It continues to offer superb quality clothing, shoes and accessories together with unbeatable customer service. It is our intention to grow in stature and evolve with the times, to continue giving the best service and high quality merchandise with the best selections our customers have come to expect.